Electronics Design Process Jobs
A typical product design process works like a series of inter-dependent jobs. It will vary on how complex and defined the clients wishes are.
- Design Jobs starts in the clients describing their ideas, wants, and needs.
- Our System Designers will translate and develop the clients description into a System Design. The design involves a close and confidential technical queries to the client and usually finalizes after several revisions. This nature of job is best quoted to charge per man-hour.
A system block diagram and technical specifications will be the deliverables in a system design.
- Once the system design is frozen, we will be able to quote properly for the remaining jobs.
- Most of the system designs are new so it needs to be prototyped. A Proof of Concept job is needed before. Making of mocked-up prototype and the engineering design & development (ED&D) man-hours are charged per job. In a special case (software programming, investigation and trial-error type of development), ED&D will be charged per man-hour basis, and will be specified in quotation,.
Mocked-up Prototype and drawings are the deliverables in a Proof of Concept job.
- When the system design is stable and proven in a prototype, the next step is to build an Engineering Sample. There will be a lot going on during this stage as this will be a more defined design representative to the Form, Fit, and Function of the intended application.
Activities and jobs are like for example, the following; * Component Selections * Circuit Design and Schematic Capture * PCB Placement * PCB Layout * Parts Sourcing * PCB Assembly and Manufacturing * Functional Tests * Software programming and debugging * Design Verifications Each jobs can be either quoted are per job or charged per man-hours, and will be specified in a quotation.
- A design verification results will be signed-off by the client to finalize into a Production Verification builds. Otherwise, the client can opt into a second iteration of the Engineering Sample.
- A client may opt to skip Production Verification builds and go ahead into a Production Intent Build.
- All statutory or legal requirements for product/design qualifications must be done by a qualified third party agency. We can continue our technical support for it if the client requests so.